Last week’s attack on London Bridge and nearby Borough Market was an attack on the spirit of London. Join the British Red Cross for a Saturday Night for London to reclaim the night and help raise vital funds for those affected.
A Saturday Night for London: how you can get involved
There are lots of activities happening across the whole weekend.
- Visit any Eat store in the capital over the weekend and you can choose to donate the price of a coffee.
- Give generously to collections at one of 120 Greene King pubs across London.
- Take a ride with Uber and they will donate £1 for every trip taken in London between 8pm and midnight on Saturday.
- Dig deep and give your coins to one of the bucket collections happening across Transport for London stations, including London Bridge,
- Buy a ticket for Silent Disco at The View from the Shard on Saturday and they will donate £1 from every ticket sold. Restaurants Aqua Shard and Hutong in the building will also be donating sales from a specific item off their menus.
- Enjoy the views and food in the Sky Garden and they will donate £1 for every order on Saturday night, then double the final amount raised by its customers.
- Indulge in a dish of Coq au Vin at Paul in Covent Garden on Friday night, and they will donate 50 per cent of the price.
- Your favourite coffee joints are also taking part with collections in Costa and donations from every hotbox sold in Starbucks.
- See the sights with The Original Tour and they will donate £1 from every ticket sold on-street.
- Buy tickets for any of the Society of London Theatre supported shows, and they will donate £1 from every ticket sold.
- Go Mexican and enjoy a plate of pork pibil tacos at Wahaca this Saturday, and they will donate £1 for every plate sold.
- Eat eggs! The Test Kitchen by Adam Simmons will be donating the cost of their pheasant egg dish and Caravan Bankside will similarly be donating the price of their baked eggs dish (and Jalapeno Cornbread) all day Saturday.
- Doing some shopping? TK Maxx stores will also be collecting donations on Saturday too.
- Indulge in roast Scottish salmon at the Corinthia Hotel London’s Massimo or The Northall restaurants, who are each donating the cost of every dish sold.
- Choose the beetroot tartare at Enoko at One Aldwych this Saturday and they will donate £10 for every one sold.
- Planning a night out in Soho? If you choose to eat at the historic Quo Vadis or downstairs Barrafina, you will be able to add a discretionary donation to your bill.
- Staying in? Order from Deliveroo and they will make a £1 donation for every single order placed across London on Saturday night from 6pm onwards.
- Not in the capital? Text HELP99 10 to 70070 to donate £10 and the Vodafone Foundation will match all donations until 9 August.
How your money helps
Proceeds raised through a Saturday Night for London will go to the British Red Cross UK Solidarity Fund, helping victims of terror attacks anywhere in the UK, and right now in London.
The fund will help to alleviate immediate suffering and ensure that victims and their families do not face short-term financial difficulties.
- Texts cost £10 plus one standard rate message. The British Red Cross receives 100 per cent. Full terms and conditions.
- Read more: The spirit of London: TFL staff lead the way with bucket collections.