Here’s an idea: ask your friends or work mates to name a memorable injury they incurred as a child. I’ve just spent three minutes asking around in the Red Cross office, and here’s a selection of what I got already:
1. Went clean through a plate glass window aged two.
2. Dad accidentally slammed a car boot door on head.
3. Knocked two front teeth out on playground climbing frame. Ouch.
4. Hospital visit to have a rubber removed from nose.
5. Hands-free cyclist caught flares in pedals of Chopper bike and ended up with a badly gashed mouth. More