1. After finishing the latest series of New Tricks, I created a bucket list of all the things I wanted to do over the next year – and it kicked off with the British Red Cross baby and child first aid course!
2. First aid makes people feel nervous (the idea of someone you love not being well or in distress is quite scary), but there was nothing intimidating at all about the course.
4. I’m sure there’s an awful lot more I could learn about first aid – I’m not quite a doctor yet. But I now feel confident I could deal with any accidents around the home. The course gave me a boost.
7. Coming from a family who works in the health service, I know that every second counts in an emergency.
8. The Red Cross baby and child first aid course really gives you the confidence to make the right decisions fast. That’s why it’s so useful.
9. The way I see it, doing the course could save my daughter’s life one day. I did it for her.
10. A lot of what you learn is common sense. But the course is all about streamlining what you already know, so you’ll have an effective plan in an emergency situation.
Tamsin and Katherine learned life-saving skills to support our ‘Rapped up’ first aid campaign for little ones. Check out our new video.