four refugees stand in front of Clifton suspension bridge in Bristoal

Sometimes, they say, the greatest adventure is simply a conversation.

Filmed in time for Refugee Week, this series of conversations give a voice to refugees, their families, their friends and those they live alongside.

Occasionally funny or moving, but always informative, these videos leave the viewer with a deeper appreciation of the extraordinary lives and journeys of refugees living in the UK.

We hope you enjoy them and make time for your own conversations this Refugee Week.

Lee, Jacob, Abdul and Orhan

Football can be a marvellous way to bring people together.

In this touching video, Everton in the Community coach Lee Johnson speaks to three young refugees about how the football sessions were helping them settle in the UK.

Jacob, a 21-year-old former professional footballer from Kenya, is claiming asylum in the UK. He is joined by his friends, Abdul, 27, and Orhan, 23, who are both are refugees from Syria.

Jamal, Zeinab, Mohammed and Qerim

Four refugees got together near the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol to mark Refugee Week.

The group talked about arriving in the UK and how the people of Bristol have welcomed them into the heart of their community.

Taking part were refugees Jamal from Iran, Zeinab from Sudan, Mohammed from Eritrea and Qerim from Kosovo. All have all been supported by the Red Cross.

Qerim now works for the Red Cross as a refugee services manager in Bristol, while Mohammed and Zeinab both also work or volunteer with the Red Cross.

Henry and Stephen

Stephen, who works for the British Red Cross, met with 93-year-old Henry in Glasgow this June.

Henry came to Glasgow from Nuremburg in 1939 aged 15, having been sent on a Kindertransport by his mother.

After writing letters home to his mother in Germany through an aunt in Brussels, the then teenaged Henry was put on trial in the High Court in Edinburgh for corresponding with the enemy. He was then imprisoned before being interned on the Isle of Man.

He was eventually released because he was under the legal age to be detained.

His wife Ingrid left Dortmund in 1939. She also ended up in in Glasgow and put her skills to use for the war effort, sewing collars onto army uniforms.

Henry and Ingrid met at a Jewish refugee club in the city when they were 18.

Two years later, they married.

In conjunction with the Holocaust Survivors Trust and the Association of Jewish Refugees, the couple still regularly give talks to schools and have told their story to the Scottish Parliament.

Henry was made an MBE in 1998 for his work with The Limbless British Ex-Servicemen’s Association.